Support SAFLI at UW-Madison Programming
The South Asian Flagship Languages Initiative (SAFLI) is a special initiative of the Boren Awards for International Study offering awardees the opportunity for intensive language study of Hindi and for cultural immersion by participating in domestic and overseas language programs.
We hope you consider giving the gift of language and supporting less commonly taught language learning at South Asian Flagship Languages Initiative (SAFLI), administered by the Language Program Office (LPO) at UW-Madison. Donation funds will go towards SAFLI programming enhancements (e.g., cultural workshops and events, teaching materials, curriculum development, etc.).
Donations are tax-deductible and can be made at any amount through the University of Wisconsin Foundation, the official fundraising and gift-receiving organization for the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Each year, the UW Foundation transfers gift and investment income to departments within UW-Madison. When you make a donation through the UW Foundation, you are contributing to an endowment which ensures the financial stability of the Language Program Office (LPO), the administrative unit of the South Asian Flagship Languages Initiative (SAFLI) and the Wisconsin Intensive Summer Language Institutes (WISLI).
You can currently make a donation one of two ways:
- Online: Donate via our secure fund link on the UW Foundation’s website at Language Program Office Fund – 112500024
- By Mail: Send the funds in by check to the “lock box” and include “International Division Language Programs Office Fund” as the fund destination on the check or with a note attached to it:
- Make check payable to: UW Foundation
- Memo or note: new International Division LPO Fund
- Mail to: UW Foundation, US Bank Lockbox 78807, Milwaukee, WI 53278-0807
If you choose to have your gift go towards SAFLI at UW-Madison specifically, please email email@example.com to inform us of your desire.
We are grateful for your generosity and support of our language programming!